Led by Jamie Carnegie, the University of St Andrews Hockey Club is one of the largest and most successful clubs in the Athletic Union boasting nine teams that compete regularly in BUCS, National and Regional leagues across Scotland. The club has won the University Sports Club of the Year award twice in the last three years and in 2015-16 won Scottish Student Sport's Club of the Year Award.
The club is committed to achieving the highest sporting and academic levels that are possible and have developed a series of projects designed to help community use and the sustainability of the Club.
The Hockey Programme caters for all levels of ability to ensure all players experience an athlete centred hockey curriculum which focuses on development, hard work and enjoyment:
- Up to two training sessions per week focusing on skill development and team preparation depending on ability and commitment
- Hockey specific strength and conditioning sessions supervised by the S&C Department
- Video analysis sessions focusing on both individual and team performance
- Regular fitness testing to monitor progress and identify weaknesses
- Competitive fixtures for all levels of ability throughout the season
- 1 week full time pre-season training camp
- Large number of social activities throughout the season
- A programme that focuses on the process not the outcome – the outcome will take care of itself
With nine competitive teams, recreational hockey and the community mixed hockey league we are able to cater for all levels of experience and welcome all those who wish to get involved in our club.
If you would like to know more about our club, then please visit our website:University Hockey Club
For our current training times please contact the club using the information below.