Rugby Coach and Video Analysis Vacancies
Tuesday 03 July 2018
In preparation for the 2018/19 season The University of St Andrews Rugby Club is looking to recruit a number of coaches and a video analyst to complement their current coaching team. The ability to perform a combination of both roles would be advantageous but not essential.
The Rugby Programme is amongst the most advanced in University Rugby in Scotland and offers student athletes a range of coaching, training and support opportunities, allowing them to excel in their sporting achievements. Led by newly appointed full-time Director of Rugby, Scott Lawson each team receives specific and dedicated individual/team coaching, video analysis, strength & conditioning programming, nutritional support and recovery strategies. Also provided is the very best in facilities and student experience the University can offer.
The club fields five competitive teams on a Wednesday in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) leagues. The Men's 1st XV squad competes in BUCS Scottish Division 1A and Women's 1st XV play in BUCS Scottish Division 1A. Both squads also compete in the UK wide BUCS Cup competition.
One of the highlights of the rugby calendar is the Scottish Varsity Match played at Murrayfield. Every year in September, Scotland's two oldest University Rugby Clubs compete in front of a bumper crowd of students, alumni, parents and friends. The match between The University of St Andrews and their oldest rivals Edinburgh dates back more than 150 years and is the oldest varsity match in the world and the pinnacle of Scottish student rugby.
We are actively seeking applications from all levels of candidate in the form of a covering letter and CVs from enthusiastic, highly motivated, talented and aspiring coaches and analysts looking to help the club continue to progress for next season and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and deliver sessions while working in conjunction with the other coaches of the club to facilitate the selection of players in an objective manner when appropriate.
- Filming of sessions and matches followed by relevant feedback and review process.
- Regular evaluation of team performance through video analysis
- Regular evaluation of individual performance
- Regular communication with the Director of Rugby and other members of support staff
- To be a hard working coach that wants to progress and develop with every session and has a passion for improving players
Requirements for role
- Availability for Monday and Friday evening sessions as well as Saturday morning during term time (September – December and January – April)
- Availability for Wednesday afternoon matches during term time (September – December and January – April)
- Display sound IT skills and an aptitude to learn to use new software packages•Driving license (desirable but not essential)
- First aid certificate (desirable but not essential)
Package on offer
- Competitive hourly coaching rate (rate will depend on qualifications)
- Coaching kit
- Sufficient supply of coaching equipment
- Access to funding for coach education
- Opportunity to learn about other aspects of the game such as Strength and Conditioning and Video Analysis
- Coach mentoring
- Access to state of the art training facilities, video equipment and software packages
Early applications are encouraged and expected by 13/07/18. Please send CV’s and covering letters or any other queries regarding theses roles to : Scott Lawson, Director of Rugby, University of St Andrews Sports Centre, St Leonards Road, St Andrews, KY16 9DY or preferably by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted under: Performance