Fitness classes resuming
From 7 September
In line with Government advice for easing lockdown in phase 3, we are excited to announce the resumption of the Saints Fitness Class programme from Monday 7 September.
Please note this is under restrictions adhering to Scottish Government and Sports Governing Body advice and we will be running a reduced programme of 18 classes with limited capacity in each session as outlined in the guidance below.
Guidance for visitors
The guidelines outlined below have been developed to allow our fitness class programme to be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Scottish Government advice and that helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please read all the guidelines before making a booking.
- Scottish Government information around social distancing should be read in full
- Please be aware guidance can change and restrictions may be reintroduced - ensure you have checked the latest version of the Scottish Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19): Scotland’s route map
- Guidelines on sport and leisure facilities and those of relevant Sports Governing Bodies should also be followed
We are delighted to announce the resumption of our Saints Fitness class programme. To find out what to expect at each of our fitness classes please visit the Class Descriptions page.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact the Saints Fitness team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently running a reduced programme of classes with limited capacity in each session under restrictions adhering to Scottish Government and Sports Governing Body advice. We will introduce more classes as restrictions are lifted and when it is safe to do so.
New Class Timetable (From Monday 5 October)
Download a copy of the latest timetableClass Timetable October 2020 (PDF, 7,927 KB)
- Book online
- Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 2190
Staff outdoor fitness class (free to all University staff)
- All classes must be booked in advance and are not open for drop in sessions
- Please don't turn up to the facility unless you have booked a space on a class
Who can book?
- Bookings can be made by Saints Sport members only
Privacy notice: COVID-19 track and trace
The University of St Andrews (“the University”) is collecting and recording the contact details of individuals who make use of the Saint Sports Facilities, to support NHS Scotland’s COVID-19 track and trace scheme.
Your contact details will be used to enable NHS Scotland to contact you should you have been in the premises around the same time as someone who has tested positive for coronavirus. Contacting people who might have been exposed to the virus is an important step in containing any spread.
For more information please see the full privacy notice accessed by the link below:
Travelling to the Sports Centre
- No changing facilities will be available, so please come dressed ready for your class
- Avoid using public transport
- Where possible arrive on foot or by bike, but if you do drive the Sports Centre car park will be open
- Arrive as close as possible to the start of the class, but no more than 5 minutes prior to the start
- On arrival please queue on the path leading to the rubbercrumb pitch to the left of reception
- Maintain a 2m distance from other users at all times (markings will be in place to help guide you)
- A member of Saints Sport staff will come out and take a register before each class
- Entrance to the indoor classes will be via the main entrance to the Sports Centre - no swipe card will be required to access the building
In the facility
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the Sports Centre and throughout the building, but it is recommended to bring hand sanitiser with you
- Please note: no changing, showers or locker facilities will be available
- We appreciate that some personal belongings may be required, but please keep these to a minimum
- No bags or towels will be permitted in the building and you will need to keep belongings with you at all times - staff reserve the right to refuse the use of personal equipment should it be regarded as unsafe or its use will impact health guidelines
- Please bring your own water/water bottle – no water will be available onsite
- Toilet facilities will be available
- Please clean and wipe down any equipment you use - cleaning equipment will be in place throughout the building
Cancelling your booking
- Please cancel your booking if you are unable to attend:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)1334 46 2190
- Given the length of time sports activity has been suspended, it is advised that anyone returning to play eases themselves back in gently.
- All facility users MUST read and answer the Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PARQ) in the Sports Centre Terms and Conditions prior to using any of the facilities at University Park. If you are in any doubt, please obtain medical advice before using any of our facilities.
- Saints Sport staff will provide first aid effectively whilst mitigating the risk from COVID-19
- PPE will be worn by all staff providing first aid and if possible and appropriate, casualties may also be encouraged to wear a face mask (supplied by Saints Sport)
- a portable defibrillator is accessible in appropriate circumstances, located on the corner of the Sport Centre’s external wall adjacent to the gym
- Please note:
- no changing or shower facilities will be available
- whilst hand sanitiser stations will be available at the front door of the Sports Centre, tennis courts and sand-dressed pitch, we recommend you do bring your own hand sanitiser or wipes if you can
- Visitors must practice public health advice for hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the Sports Centre (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve
- Avoid touching your face
- Self-isolation: Individuals should stay at home for 10 days from when they experience symptoms, or until they feel better if they are still unwell after 10 days
- Household isolation: Household should stay at home for 14 days if someone else in the house is showing symptoms. Individuals should continue to stay at home for 10 days from when they show symptoms, or until they feel better if they are still unwell after 10 days
IMPORTANT: Do not leave your home to play sport if Scottish Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
- Physical distancing is still essential for everyone except children under 12 and people in the same household or extended household
- Visitors must adhere to the Scottish Government’s physical distancing guidelines at all times:
- face coverings must be used indoors in all communal areas
- visitors can be from different households
- if meeting people from another household, you should meet only in small groups (no more than 15 people in total) - meet up with a maximum of 5 households outdoors at a time
- stay at least two metres away from other participants at all times
- do not make physical contact with other participants (such as shaking hands or high five)
- do not attend if you are unwell