Saints Tennis lessons
Outdoor courts open
The University's outdoor tennis courts are now open to book and all the information you will need to know to help you to return to play is provided in the guidance for tennis players page on our website.
Tennis lessons now available to book
Under guidelines set out by the LTA and Tennis Scotland tennis lessons are now permitted to take place in Scotland, but coached sessions should be limited to groups comprising of no more than three households (including the coach), and no more than eight people in total.
Tennis lessons are now available to book and will take place on the University's outdoor courts. Lessons are open to both members and non-members, adults or juniors and can be booked for 30 minute or 60 minute periods. For more information please contact the University's Tennis Coach, Euan Bell.
Lessons can be booked:
- Monday - Friday
- 8am - 8pm
*depending on availability
Tennis Lessons Poster 2020 (PDF, 1,817 KB)
Who can book
Lessons are open to:
Guidelines for coaches and players
Information for players
- Before making a booking please ensure you are familiar with the restrictions in place to allow tennis activity to be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Scottish Government advice and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by reading the guidelines for tennis player section of our website.
- All activity should be consistent with the government guidance regarding health, travel, physical distancing and hygiene at all times
- Coached sessions should be limited to groups comprising of no more than three households (including the coach), and no more than eight people in total
- Activity should not be run for more than two other households in a single day
- Physical distancing between players from different households, and between the coach and players should be maintained at all times
- Coaches do not now need to use new or fresh tennis balls for each lesson
- It is still advised that where possible the coach should be the only person to touch the tennis balls and players use their feet/racket to return them
- Players should bring their own equipment where possible – it is advised not to allow racket sharing but use of communal rackets can be done subject to thorough cleaning processes between uses
For more information please see Tennis Scotland's Guidance for Tennis Venues, Coaches and Players in Scotland.