Sports Centre Update on COVID-19 | Friday 13 March
Friday 13 March 2020
Information for users of the University Sports Centre in relation Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Update Friday 13 March
The University of St Andrews is in close consultation with the Scottish Government and has been taking expert medical advice in light of the rapidly evolving pandemic of coronavirus Covid-19 in the UK, Europe, and further afield.
All Saints Sport facilities, classes and services are currently operating as normal until further notice.
Please note circumstances are changing rapidly and we will continue to update you as necessary and appropriate.
- Anyone hosting a sports events at the University Sports Centre should follow guidance from their governing body.
- Please ensure you wipe down all equipment, mats and exercise machines after each use using the disinfectant sprays available in the main gym, Performance Suite and Studio.
- The single most effective way to avoid acquiring or spreading coronavirus is to wash your hands thoroughly and frequently, and to encourage others to do the same.
- Additional hand sanitisers have been installed around the Sports Centre for your use.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning in the Sports Centre, particularly in commonly used facilities including the main gym, Performance Suite and Studio.
Full information and advice about coronavirus, what you can do to protect yourself and others, and the steps the University has taken in St Andrews to minimise the risk to our students, staff and the local community, can be found on the University website.
You can also contact the Coronavirus Helpdesk in the Advice and Support Centre, North Street, email@example.com, tel: 01334 464146.
For national advice on coronavirus contact NHS 111 or visit the NHS Inform website.
Posted under: General