In this section, you will find a list of useful downloads and references:
- DMPonline user guides
- Data management plan examples
- Pure user guide for thesis data
- Other useful documents
DMPonline user guides
- DMPonline: signing in for the first time (PDF, 718 KB)
Data management plan examples
- The Digital Curation Center provide a number of examples for data management plans for different funders.
- Donaldson, Mary, & Higman, Rosie. (2018, November). Arts and Humanities Research Council Data Management Plan Rubric. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1745532
Pure user guide: creating dataset records for digital outputs underpinning theses.
- Theses data deposit guide (PDF, 900 KB)
Other useful documents and references
- A summary of best practices for the creation and maintenance of tabular data, based on interviews with researchers and data managers: Strasser, C., Kunze, J., Abrams, S., & Cruse, P. (2014). DataUp: A tool to help researchers describe and share tabular data. F1000Research,3, 6. https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.3-6.v2 (pages 6 to 7)
- A series of guides on software deposit, written by The Software Sustainability Institute, funded by Jisc. Michael Jackson (ed.) (07 August 2018). Software Deposit: Guidance for Researchers (Version 1.0). Zenodo. DOI:10.5281/zenodo.1327310.
- A guide on appraising research data and deciding what to keep: Whyte, A. & Wilson, A. (2010). "How to Appraise and Select Research Data for Curation". DCC How-to Guides. Edinburgh: Digital Curation Centre.
- A guide on what to consider when selecting locations research data storage and deposit: Whyte, A. (2015). ‘Where to keep research data: DCC checklist for evaluating data repositories’ v.1.1 Edinburgh: Digital Curation Centre.
- A summary of storage options for research data at the University of St Andrews.
Please don't hesitate to contact the RDM team for further information and advice.