Equality and Diversity
The University is fully committed to eliminating discrimination, actively promoting equality of opportunity and delivering fairness to all. The School of Psychology & Neuroscience is determined to foster an inclusive environment that promotes equality and values diversity.
In 2014, the School was awarded an Athena SWAN bronze award, in recognition of the School’s commitment to advancing the careers of women in science.
The School’s Equality & Diversity (E&D) committee meets once per month (currently the first Thursday in the month), and additional Open Meetings provide an opportunity for all staff and students to engage in discussion on topics that are relevant to equality and diversity.
If you have any ideas or concerns related to equality and diversity, please feel free to contact the School’s Equality and Diversity Officer, Gillian Brown. Alternatively, please write your ideas down and leave them in the Suggestions Box, located in the mail room near the main School office.
Equality and Diversity Committee members
- Equality and Diversity Officer (convenor of committee) - Gillian Brown
- Secretary to Committee - Robyn McDonald
- E&D Information Officer - Mike Oram
- Disabilities Officer - Reiner Sprengelmeyer
- Head of School – Keith Sillar
- Early Career Researcher representative – Lewis Dean
- Postgraduate Research Student representatives – Katie Dickerson, Aman Kwatra
- Undergraduate School President - Deborah Moffett
- PsychNeuroSoc President - Claudia Stankler
- Additional members: