Santander - St Leonard's Postgraduate College Research Mobility Awards
St Leonard's Postgraduate College is pleased to offer a small number of Research Mobility Awards sponsored by Banco Santander SA.
If you are a University of St Andrews postgraduate (Masters student or doctoral student) you can apply for an award to help with the costs of a research or study visit directly relating to your degree programme - such as costs associated with visiting an archive, undertaking field work, or presenting a paper at a conference.
The Santander - St Leonard's College Research Mobility Awards vary in size from £100 to £1,000. Awards of more than £1,000 will be made in exceptional circumstances only.
You can apply for these awards if you are:
- a registered postgraduate student of the University of St Andrews at the date of application and for the duration of the research/ study visit
- undertaking a research/ study visit directly relating to your degree programme between 1 November 2019 and 31 August 2020
- provide a full breakdown of the anticipated costs
- indicate any other funding which you have received or has applied for in relation to the research/ study visit
- have the support of your programme coordinator/ supervisor
Awards may be used to help cover the costs of travel and/ or accommodation associated with the research/ study visit as well as other directly related costs - for example, registration fees for a conference at which you have been invited to present a paper. Awards may not be used to help cover the costs associated with attendance at a training course including language courses.
Where the application relates to attendance at a conference, applications will normally be considered only if you can show that you have been invited to present your work at the conference. Awards will not normally be made if you will be attending as a delegate only.
Please note that preference may be given to applicants who (i) do not hold other forms of funding - such as a University or Research Council scholarship; and /or (ii) have not previously received funding through this scheme.
There are two application rounds:
The first application round closes at 16:00 (UK time) Friday 17 January 2020.
The second application round closes 16:00 (UK time) Friday 8 May 2020.
Applications must be submitted using the Research Mobility Application Form.
Applications will be assessed by a selection panel chaired by the Assistant Vice-Principal (Provost). The selection panel will look for academically worthwhile research/ study visit plans which will make a material contribution to your research/ studies.
You will be informed of the outcome of your application by the end of January 2020 (if you applied in the first round) or the end of May 2020 (if you applied in the second round). The selection panel's decision is final and you will not be given feedback on your application.
Terms and Conditions
Awards will be made on the condition that:
- the information provided in the application is accurate - the University reserves the right to withdraw the award or require repayment of the award if the information provided was not accurate
- you agree to inform the University immediately should your research/ study visit plans change - for example, if the visit is cancelled or the visit dates/ location changes; the University reserves the right to withdraw the award or require repayment of the award if the visit is cancelled or the visit dates/ location change
- you agree to complete in advance of the departure date a full risk assessment and submit this to your school's Safety Officer - learn more about the risk assessment procedure
- you agree to provide a written report at the end of the research/ study visit and agree that your report may be used for publicity purposes
- you agree that, if required by the University, you will provide evidence of expenditure showing how the award was used
- you agree that your details (name, date of birth, email address, degree programme, year of study, and nature of the research/ study visit for which funding was awarded) will be shared with Banco Santander SA - this information will be used to assess the impact of the funding and may be shared within Banco Santander SA for this purpose, Banco Santander SA may contact you for further information as to how you have benefited from the award; this information will be handled in accordance with the UK data protection laws
Please contact Brett Dodgson if you have any further questions regarding the Santander - St Leonard's Postgraduate College Research Mobility Awards - email email@example.com
News and Events from St Leonard's Postgraduate College
Keep up with the latest St Leonard's Postgraduate College news and events - follow us on social media: