Welfare Grant Fund 2020-21
The University can provide financial assistance in exceptional circumstances in the form of a grant from the Welfare Grant Fund.
Awards will be made for the current year of study only.
All matriculated students are eligible to apply.
All students are required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser prior to completing an online application form. Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint after interview. Students are required to enter their bank details via MySaint for any possible payment.
Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact email@example.com for assistance.
Students can make an appointment by either contacting the ASC or the Reception at Eden Court
Face-to Face – The ASC, North Street
Reception, Eden Court, The Scores
T: 01334 462020
Students will be required to provide and upload supporting evidence relevant to their individual situation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required.
- Supporting Personal Statement
- All students must provide a written Personal Statement in support of their application. The statement should provide details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Welfare Grant fund. The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint then email The Director of Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
The information on the online application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the Welfare Grant Fund will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support of my application and/or attend an interview.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: email@example.com