Hardship Fund 2019-20 MSc in Astrophysics - Applications Open from 1 November 2019 - 13 December 2019.
The University can provide financial assistance in exceptional circumstances in the form of a grant from the Observing trip - Hardship Fund to assist students attend the observing trip.
Awards will be made for the current year of study only.
All matriculated postgraduate MSc in Astrophysics registered for the course AS5500 are eligible to apply.
Students may be required attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser. Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint. Students are required to enter their bank details via MySaint for any possible payment.
Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact email@example.com for assistance.
Students can make an appointment by either contacting the ASC or the Reception at Eden Court
Face-to Face – The ASC, North Street
Reception, Eden Court, The Scores
T: 01334 462020
Students will be required to provide and upload supporting evidence relevant to their individual situation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required and must be merged into one PDF document before being uploaded.
- Supporting Statement
- All students must provide a written statement in support of their application. The statement should provide details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The School of Physics has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Hardship Fund - MSc in Astrophysics for postgraduate students who are registered for the AS5500 course.
The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint, email The Director of Student Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student may be required to attend an interview
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
The information on the application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the Hardship Fund - MSc in Astrophysics, will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support my application and/or attend an interview.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: email@example.com