Discretionary Fund Winter Covid 2020-21
This is a fund given to us by the Scottish Government to assist both undergraduate and postgraduate students
All Students are eligible to apply for support for the following reasons:
- Students who are facing financial issues related to accommodation costs and are unable to secure rent rebates while not returning to their term-time accommodation.
- Students who are facing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19
- If you are an Undergraduate - you have taken out your full student loan entitlement
- If you are a Postgraduate - you have taken out the full funding entitlement available to you
- Show evidence of financial difficulties as above.
We cannot pay for tuition fees from this fund
Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint. Student Services will assess all applications and allocate awards to successful applicants based on the information provided. Students may be required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser and will be contacted by email to arrange this. Students are required to enter their bank details via MySaint for any possible payment.
Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Students will be required to provide and upload supporting evidence relevant to their individual situation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE:
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required.
- Supporting Personal Statement
- All students must provide a written Personal Statement in support of their application. The statement should provide details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance.
Please Note: Students applying for financial support due to circumstances related to Covid 19 must specifically state this in their personal statement and explain in detail how Covid 19 has affected the student/family and budget. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
Funded UK students’ additional evidence required
- Scottish students
- SAAS Letter of Award – you can download this from the SAAS website after you have logged on to your online account. Please note: we cannot accept your Student Loan letter as it does not show any bursary that you may receive.
- RUK students
- SFE/SFNI/SFW letter of award– showing a breakdown of Tuition Fees, Student Maintenance Loan and any Student Grant you receive. We require either the hard copy which has been sent to your home address or you can download this information from your online account.
STUDENTS LIVING IN PRIVATE RENTED PROPERTY MUST PROVIDE:
- Copy of Rent agreement – if student is in arrears, a copy of confirmation of arrears must be provided.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Discretionary Fund – Winter Covid. The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint, email The Director of Student Services email: email@example.com
- Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services, you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
- Student Services may close the Discretionary Fund – Winter Covid at any time during the academic year.
- Closing date 31st July 2021, (The Discretionary Fund Winter Covid may close earlier than this date dependant on demand)
The information on the online application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the Discretionary Fund – Winter Covid will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support of my application and/or attend an interview.
I confirm that I have applied for the maximum Student Loan available to me and as far as I am aware I am in receipt of this amount.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: firstname.lastname@example.org