Childcare Fund-Lone Parent Childcare Grant 2020-21
SAAS funded Students who have Registered Childcare can apply to the Childcare Fund. This is a fund given to us by the government to assist undergraduate and most taught postgraduate students. (If you are a postgraduate student and unsure whether you are eligible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be a SAAS funded student
- If you are an Undergraduate, have taken out your full student loan entitlement
- If you are a Postgraduate, have taken out your full living costs student loan entitlement
- Have Registered Childcare
- If you are a lone parent with childcare in receipt of a Lone Parent Grant from SAAS, you can apply for the additional Lone Parents Childcare Grant (LPCG) through this childcare application.
Undergraduate students sponsored by English, Welsh and/or Northern Irish funding bodies who are eligible for Childcare grants are NOT eligible for this fund. However, they can apply to the Discretionary Fund 2020-21 if they meet the eligibility criteria for that fund.
- Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint. Student Services will assess all applications and allocate awards to successful applicants based on the information provided. Students will be required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser and will be contacted by email to arrange this. Students can apply more than once during the academic year. Students are required to enter their bank details via MySaint for any possible payment. Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact email@example.com for assistance.
Students will be required to provide and upload supporting evidence relevant to their individual situation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required and must be merged into one PDF document before being uploaded. If you are not a Lone parent, we will also require evidence of your partner's income e.g. P60 or recent payslip.
- Supporting Personal Statement
- All students must provide a written Personal Statement in support of their application. The statement should provide details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
- SAAS Letter of Award. You can download this from the SAAS website after you have logged on to your online account. Please note: we cannot accept your Student Loan letter as it does not show any bursary that you may receive.
- Copy of Rent agreement
- Recent Utility Bill
- Additional application form Application for Childcare 2020-21 (Word, 74 KB). If you are unable to open this document, please see the information about Adobe Acrobat for Web documents.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Childcare Fund. The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint, email The Director of Student Services email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants will be requested to attend an interview.
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
- Student Services may close the Childcare Fund and Lone Parent Childcare Grant at anytime.
The information on the online application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the Childcare Fund will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support of my application and/or attend an interview.
I confirm that I have applied for the maximum Student Loan available to me and as far as I am aware I am in receipt of this amount.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: email@example.com
Further information on childcare in the local area.