Skip navigation to content

Accommodation Awards (Returning Students) Postgraduate 2020-21

Returning Postgraduate students are eligible to apply for additional financial support for their University Accommodation Halls fees. All Postgraduate students, including International and EU students, are eligible to apply.  Each application is means-tested, based on financial need. Awards will be made for the current year of study only.


All Postgraduate students including international and EU students are eligible to apply

Application process

Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on My-Saint which opens on 1 April 2020 with a closing date of 30 April 2020. Student Services will assess all applications and allocate awards to successful applicants based on the information provided.  Students may be required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser and will be contacted by email to arrange this.



  • Bank Statement
    •  A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required
  • Supporting Statement
    • All students must provide a written statement in support of their application providing details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
  • Scholarship
    • All students must provide written evidence if a student is in receipt of a Scholarship

UK students additional evidence required

Any funding support from University or any other source

EU  and International students additional evidence required

  • Student must provide evidence of any Governmental loans, grants or bursary or any other types of funding
    • For example:
      • Swedish loans
      • Danish Grants
      • French bank loan
      • Indian bank loan
      • US Federal loan
      • Or any other Sponsor


  1. The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Accommodation Awards Fund.  The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint then put this in writing to The Director of Student Services, Eden Court, The Scores
  2. Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
  3. Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
  4. Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
  5. Postgraduate students must be in receipt of an offer of a place in a University residence; all Halls are included.  The award will be paid as a discount toward University accommodation fees, and is not transferable to privately owned accommodation
  6. Individual means-tested awards of £1,200 each will be available for at least 3 Postgraduate students.
  7. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications by the end of semester 2. All payments to off-set accommodation will take place at the beginning of 2020/21 session when students have a confirmed registered status.


The information on the application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge.  I understand that my application to the Accommodation Award Returning Students (Postgraduate) will be made on the basis of the information provided.  I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support of my application and/or attend an interview.

I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may be barred from matriculation or graduation until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course.  I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: