Accommodation Award - Hardship 2017-18
Students in Financial Hardship and who are living in University Halls of Residence are eligible to apply for an Accommodation Award Hardship. Successful students will receive an amount to off-set their accommodation fee. No funds will be paid directly to a student.
All Undergraduates and Postgraduates are eligible including students living in Albany Park. The Accommodation Award Hardship is assessed on a needs basis. Students living in University Managed Properties are not eligible to apply.
Access to the online Application will be via the Scholarships and Funding Section on MySaint. Student Services will assess all applications and allocate awards to successful applicants based on the information provided. Students may be required to attend an interview with a Student Services Adviser and will be contacted by email to arrange this. Students can apply more than once during the academic year.
Any student who has difficulty with any stage of the application process should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Students will be required to provide and upload supporting evidence relevant to their individual situation.
ALL STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE
- Bank Statement
- A copy of their most recent bank statement showing 1 month’s transactions - this can be an online statement but must show the bank's logo and the student's name. We cannot accept Excel spreadsheets. If you have more than one account, statements from all your accounts are required and must be merged into one PDF document before being uploaded.
- Supporting Statement
- All students must provide a written statement in support of their application. The statement should provide details of their financial situation and any exceptional circumstances leading to the application for financial assistance. All information given will be treated in strictest confidence.
UK students additional evidence required
- Scottish students
- SAAS Letter of Award– you can download this from the SAAS website after you have logged on to your online account. Please note: we cannot accept your Student Loan letter as it does not show any bursary that you may receive.
- RUK students
- SFE/SFNI/SFW letter of award– showing breakdown of Tuition Fees, Student Maintenance Loan and any Maintenance Grant you receive. We require either the hard copy which has been sent to your home address or you can download this information from your online account.
EU and International students additional evidence required
- Student must provide evidence of any Governmental loans, grants or bursary or any other types of funding
- For example:
- Swedish loans
- Danish Grants
- French bank loan
- Indian bank loan
- US Federal loan
- Or any other Sponsor
- For example:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The University Court has delegated to Student Services the power to make awards from the Accommodation Award Hardship fund. The Student Services Adviser’s decision on any application is final. If you are unhappy with the decision and wish to make a complaint, email The Director of Student Services email: email@example.com
- Applicants may be requested to attend an interview.
- Applicants may be required to produce evidence of need.
- Although the information given on the application form is confidential to Student Services you should be aware that the University’s auditor may also have access to this information.
- Student Services may close the Accommodation Award Hardship fund at any time during the academic year.
The information on the application form has been completed to the best of my knowledge. I understand that my application to the Accommodation Award Hardship Fund will be made on the basis of the information provided. I understand that I may be contacted to provide further information to support of my application and/or attend an interview.
I understand that should I have intentionally provided inaccurate information that I may be subject to the University’s Non-Academic Misconduct Policy (Students). Action may be taken to recover any award made to me and I may not be permitted to matriculate or graduate until the award is recovered. I note that I will become ineligible to receive an award if I take a Leave of Absence or withdraw from my course. I confirm that I will notify Student Services of any changes in my circumstances via email E: firstname.lastname@example.org