Dignity and Inclusion Portfolio
Key details: The Dignity and Inclusion Portfolio DIP is a programme of training and resources which addresses issues related to equality diversity inclusion and wellbeing in the workplace.
- Academic staff
- Professional staff
- Research staff
- Research supervisors
The Dignity and Inclusion Portfolio (DIP) is a programme of training and resources which addresses issues related to equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing in the workplace. More specifically, it is designed to help you understand:
- how people should betreated at work, their rights to dignity, how best to create an inclusive workplace
- what you can and should do when things go wrong e.g. when poor behaviour develops into bullying or harassment.
The individual elements can be taken in stand-alone form or as part of this 'portfolio', which secures a certificate of recognition once all required courses are completed.
These are divided into those that are relevant to all staff, those that are of particular relevant to staff with responsibility for others (mainly those with line management responsibility) and other related training.
The Portfolio is open to all staff and staff may opt to attend any of the workshop offered, subject to availability. All scheduled courses are bookable via PDMS, the University's course booking system.
Certificate of recognition
Staff registeringfor the Dignity and Inclusion Portfolio Certificatewill be issued with a certificate of recognition on completion of:
- A minimum of 3 defined 'core' elements
- A minimum of 4 optional elements
7 courses - you have to complete 3 of these.
- Dignity and Respect Policy in Practice
- Diversity for Managers
- Diversity in the Workplace Essential Elearning Module
- HR Policies for Managers: An Introduction
- Mentally Healthy Workplace Training for Managers
- Mentally Healthy Workplaces Essential Elearning Module
- Unconscious Bias Essential Elearning Module
13 courses - you have to complete 4 of these.
- Age awareness for people managers
- Assertiveness Skills
- Creating Positive Outcomes - from difficult conversations
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 1
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 2
- Dementia awareness for people managers
- Eating Well - Menopause
- Let's Talk: Menopause
- Managing people: motivation and performance
- Quiet Leadership
- Resilience in the face of change - part 1
- Resilience in the face of change - part 2
- Wellbeing for Carers