Academic Staff Development Programme
Key details: Open to all academic staff.
- Academic staff
- Research staff
- Research supervisors
The Academic Staff Development Programme (ASDP) is a series of focused, bite-sized workshops designed to equip, support and develop members of academic staff and research staff who teach. Workshops fall under 3 themes (Teaching, Service and Research). They are offered once per semester each academic year, and draws upon the knowledge, experience and expertise of staff from a variety of schools/units across the University. The ASDP is designed to complement the guidance and mentoring provided within Schools, where appropriate discipline-based support can best be given.
Places on workshops are available to book on the online booking system PDMS
5 courses - you have to complete 0 of these.
- Managing Research Information: an introduction to impact, open access, Pure, data management
- Managing Research Information: impact in depth
- Managing Research Information: publishing research data
- Managing Research Information: Pure, hands-on training
- Writing Retreat
10 courses - you have to complete 0 of these.
- ARDS Reviewer Training
- Managing people in research teams
- Mental Health Awareness Training
- PGR Supervisor Training
- PGR Supervisor Training Elearning Module
- PhD viva examinations: best practice
- Recruitment and Selection (Academic and Research Staff)
- Resilience in the face of change - part 1
- Resilience in the face of change - part 2
- Time Management for Academics and Researchers
7 courses - you have to complete 0 of these.
- Assessment and feedback
- Convening a module
- Effective Lecturing
- Module Design
- Small Group Teaching
- Theories of Learning
- Voice Awareness for Professional Voice Users