Public Engagement Portfolio - PGRs
Key details: Please discuss this programme and obtain approval from your supervisor before submitting your request.
- PG research
CEED and the Public Engagement Research (PER) Team have developed a portfolio of activities to ensure that researchers at all levels have the skills and knowledge to enable them to participate in PE successfully and be recognised for their endeavours. On completion of a range of PE development activities participants will be awarded a certificate of completion. The portfolio is mapped to Domain D of Vitae’s Research Development Framework – Engagement, Influence and Impact.
6 courses - you have to complete all of these.
- Delivery Session: taking part in delivering public engagement with an external audience - PGR
- Evaluation of Public Engagement
- Finding your (Public Engagement) voice
- Getting and staying organised for success
- Practical public engagement
- Self-reflection Report: prompted by a questionnaire from the PER team - PGR
21 courses - you have to complete 6 of these.
- 'This is what I do': communicating research concisely
- Engaging with Public Policy
- Explorathon Training: Festivals and Schools
- Fundraising for your postdoc
- Funny Research: Bright Club stand-up comedy workshop
- Leadership and teamwork for researchers
- Lunchtime Legends: Engaging with the Public - Schools and Public Engagement
- Lunchtime Legends: Engaging with the Public - Working with Broadcast Media
- Lunchtime Legends: Leading a Research Group
- Managing Research Information: Pure, hands-on training
- Online Kintish Networking Courses - https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/osds/my-development/kintish/ - PGR
- Posters and graphical abstracts: How to present your science visually
- PSC - Make a movie on your mobile (advanced)
- PSC - Make a movie on your mobile (basic)
- Research data: how to store and effectively manage them
- Research data: why, when and how to publish them
- Speak up for success: Voice coaching for everyone
- Visualise your Research: 1-to-1 consultation sessions
- Visualise your Research: Showcase
- Visualise your Research: Training session
- Writing for a Public Audience