Public Engagement Portfolio - Professional Staff
Key details: This training portfolio brings together all the workshops and practical sessions you need to cover the practicalities of engagement and develop the personal and professional skills needed to organise, deliver, evaluate and reflect upon your activities.
- Professional staff
OSDS and the Public Engagement Research (PER) Team have developed a portfolio of activities to ensure that professional staff have the skills and knowledge to enable them to participate in PE successfully and be recognised for their endeavours. Please discuss this programme and obtain approval from your manager before submitting your request.
On completion of a range of PE development activities participants will be awarded a certificate of completion. The portfolio is mapped to Domain D of Vitaes Research Development Framework Engagement, Influence and Impact.Once your place on PEP is confirmed, search for activities in PDMS using you usual audience cohort in the drop-down menu.
6 courses - you have to complete all of these.
- Delivery Session: taking part in delivering public engagement with an external audience - Professional Staff
- Evaluation of Public Engagement
- Finding your (Public Engagement) voice
- Practical public engagement
- Project Management: an Introduction
- Self-reflection Report: prompted by a questionnaire from the PER team - Professional Staff
21 courses - you have to complete 6 of these.
- Engaging with Public Policy
- Explorathon Training: Festivals and Schools
- Funny Research: Bright Club stand-up comedy workshop
- Lunchtime Legends: Engaging with the Public - Schools and Public Engagement
- Lunchtime Legends: Engaging with the Public - Working with Broadcast Media
- Lunchtime Legends: Leading a Research Group
- Making a Movie
- Managing people in research teams
- Managing Research Information: an introduction to impact, open access, Pure, data management
- Managing Research Information: impact in depth
- Managing Research Information: publishing research data
- Managing Research Information: Pure, hands-on training
- Online Kintish Networking Courses - https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/osds/my-development/kintish/ - Professional Staff
- Public Engagement for Professional Staff
- Quiet Leadership
- Research Funding: An Introduction
- Time Management
- Visualise your Research: 1-to-1 consultation sessions
- Visualise your Research: Showcase
- Visualise your Research: Training session
- Writing for a Public Audience