Passport to Administrative Excellence
Key details: This passport programme is for those working in administrative roles to develop their skills and knowledge. Please discuss this programme and obtain approval from your manager before submitting your request.
- Professional staff
The Passport comprises a mix of core and optional training courses. All participants in the scheme need to complete the core modules.
Participants are also expected to either complete 2 Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams at any level. Please see the link for further information: Microsoft Office Specialist Certification OR 2 Microsoft in person courses (NOTE: pre-accredited if participants previously attended courses 3 years prior upon passport activation)
Provide a structured development programme for administrative staff
Build on existing skills and knowledge
- Raise awareness of administrative processes across the University
- Develop new skills in a range of related areas
- Experience a wide variety of development activities
- Choose own direction by selecting a tailored learning programme
7 courses - you have to complete all of these.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 1
- Effective communication
- Environment Culture
- Information Matters
- Resilience in the face of change - part 1
- Time Management
MOS - 2 Exams OR 2 Microsoft in person courses (pre-accredited if previously attended courses 3 years prior upon passport activation)
4 courses - you have to complete 2 of these.
- Microsoft in person course 1
- Microsoft in person course 2
- MOS Exam Certification 1
- MOS Exam Certification 2
9 courses - you have to complete 2 of these.
- Budget Management
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 2
- Discover your team role
- Effective Meetings
- Effective Report Writing
- Recruitment and Selection Practical - Professional Staff
- Resilience in the face of change - part 2
- Taking and Producing Minutes of Meetings
- Writing Effective Emails