Passport to Administrative Excellence
Key details: This passport programme is for those working in administrative roles to develop their skills and knowledge. Please discuss this programme and obtain approval from your manager before submitting your request.
- Professional staff
The Passport comprises a mix of core and optional training courses. All participants in the scheme need to complete the core modules including passing 2 Microsoft Office Specialist Certification exams at any level, please see the link for further information: Microsoft Office Specialist Certification. A participant must attend a minimum of two optional courses but any appropriate optional courses are decided on by the individual and their manager.. Completion of the Passport will result in the award of a certificate which the individual can add to their CPD record. Participants also retain ownership of the passport as a learning log which they can refer to in the future. The time frame to complete the programme is 30 months.
Provide a structured development programme for administrative staff
Build on existing skills and knowledge
- Raise awareness of administrative processes across the University
- Develop new skills in a range of related areas
- Experience a wide variety of development activities
- Choose own direction by selecting a tailored learning programme
9 courses - you have to complete all of these.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 1
- Effective communication
- Environment Culture
- Information Matters
- MOS Exam Certification 1
- MOS Exam Certification 2
- Resilience in the face of change - part 1
- Time Management
9 courses - you have to complete 2 of these.
- Budget Management
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviour 2
- Discover your team role
- Effective Meetings
- Effective Report Writing
- Recruitment & Selection Practical - Professional Staff
- Resilience in the face of change - part 2
- Taking and Producing Minutes of Meetings
- Writing Effective Emails