Diversity for Managers
Audience: Academic staff, Professional staff, Research staff, Research supervisors
Date: Monday 8 March 2021
Times: 14.00 to 15.55
Programme: Passport to Management Excellence
Programme: Dignity and Inclusion Portfolio
Key details: Microsoft Teams. You will be emailed a calendar invite in advance for you to join on the day.
Managers responsible for other staff
This is a core course on the Passport to Management Excellence Programme
This course, which will be presented by Sukhi Bains, the university's Equality and Diversity Officer, will cover the following topics:
- Managerial responsibilities;
- Implications of the new Equality Act;
- Knowledge of Equality Strands;
- Equality & Diversity Inclusion Compliance & Improvement Overviews;
- Equality Impact Assessments.
It is particularly designed for Managers who are responsible for other staff and wish to improve their knowledge and understanding of theseimportant issues.
Aims and objectives
- Understand what your responsibilities are as a manager
- Be aware of the implications of the Equality Act
- Know about the different Equality Strands
- Be aware of compliance and improvement in relation to E & D inclusion
- Know about Equality Impact Assessments
Mr Sukhi Bains (Human Resources)