Bach Choral Course
J. S. Bach: Cantata no. 182 Himmelskönig, sei willkommen
Tuesday 25 to Sunday 30 July 2017
The University of St Andrews Bach Choral Course provides an all-too-rare opportunity to explore the choral music of J. S. Bach. The course leader for 2017 is the renowned choral animateur, Jeremy Jackman.
- Compline by candlelight;
- Lectures to place the repertoire in historical context;
- Performances of music by J. S. Bach, Bach family, and contemporaries;
- A performance of Himmelskönig, sei willkommen in its original, liturgical context.
Join us in the beautiful, historic town of St Andrews and immerse yourself in the music of Bach and related repertoire.
The University of St Andrews Bach Choral Course welcomes keen singers aged sixteen or above (no upper age limit!).
The course offers:
- Advice on vocal and choral technique;
- Individual singing lessons;
- Performance opportunities in concerts and services;
- Lectures that place the music in historical context;
- Attendance at concerts;
- The chance to relax and chat with like-minded people.
Observers and those interested in choral conducting are welcomed; opportunities for conductors will be managed on a case-by-case basis.
Download the Bach Choral Course leaflet (PDF, 2,287 KB) for more information and the application form.
“Fabulous tutors, inspiring surroundings, great food and great company make the St Andrews choral course a real winner.” Participant