Research and enquiries
Taking photographs in the reading room
Terms and Conditions
Readers must request the permission of staff on each occasion before taking digital photographs in the Napier Reading Room. We normally permit digital photography on condition that:
- Copyright is not infringed; it is the responsibility of the reader to ensure that no infringement occurs;
- Photographs are for the purposes of private study or research only and must not be further reproduced for sale or publication, nor given or sold to any third party;
- Other readers are not disturbed by the taking of the photographs; cameras must be in 'silent' mode;
- No flash photography is used under any circumstances;
- Documents and books are not damaged in any way;
- There are no restrictions on the use of the material.
If you have questions about any of these conditions, please consult a member of staff.
Photography Request Form
To request permission to take photographs please fill in the Photography Permission Request Form below. By filling in this form you are agreeing to abide by the rules set out above.