This collection is the library of the St Andrews University Missionary Society, presented in 1966. There are around 175 volumes, all 19th century. The Missionary Society was instituted in 1824 by students from the Faculty of Divinity, to promote and support the work of foreign missions. The Library also holds the Society's archives within the Muniment collection (UYUY911).
Supported by Revelation, records for the whole collection are available via the online catalogue. Classmarks for books in this collection have the prefix MSoc.
On the Society, see the Scottish Missionary and Philanthropic Register, 1826, pp107-110 (MSoc BV2355.S3).