Gillespie and Scott Collection
This collection is the library of the St Andrews firm of James Gillespie and Scott, architects, purchased 1994. There are around 450 volumes consisting of 19th and 20th century works of architectural history and design, as well as building and construction textbooks. The manuscripts collection also has many of the firm`s plans as well as their ledgers and survey notebooks dating from 1887.
Classmarks for books in this collection have the prefix Gil, and all books from this collection currently on the online catalogue can be found here.
Andrew Nairne, 'James Gillespie and Scott', Building for a new age, ed. John Frew, St Andrews (1984), p44-52.