This collection is the library of Rev. Frederick Crombie, Professor of Divinity and Biblical Criticism 1868-1889, which was presented after his death in 1890 by his sister. It consists of c. 5000 volumes; chiefly 19th century, theological and classical works.
Supported by Revelation and with records created as a part of the Lighting the Past Project, the whole collection is in the library’s online catalogue. The collection consists of 3829 volumes. Classmarks for books in this collection have the prefix Cro and can be found on the online catalogue here.
A list of the books donated by Crombie can be found in Library Bulletin of the University of St Andrews, vol. 8 (1920).