A gift c. 1630 of John Murray, 1st Earl of Annandale (c. 1570-1640), to St Leonard's College. It consists of 35 volumes with the Earl's armorial bookstamp in gilt on the covers. Chiefly theological works, including a set of the collected works of the Spanish Jesuit, Francisco de Suarez, bound in 16 volumes (Mainz, 1616-1630).
Classmarks for books in this collection have the prefix Ann, and all books from this collection currently on the online catalogue can be found here.
Oxford Dictionary of National Bibliography entry for John Murray.