Societies and other associations
Special Collections holds minute books and other records for a large number of societies, community groups, self-help organisations, political associations, hobby groups, and others. Some of these include:
- Ancient Order of Foresters Court Ancient City No. 6582 (ms37197-37222); 19th, 20th century; listed
- Lodge St Andrew 25 of St Andrews (msdep68); 18th-20th century; listed
- National Union of Women Workers, St Andrews Branch (& successor organisations) (msdep16); 20th century; no list.
- St Andrews & District Horticultural Association (msdep83); 19th, 20th century; no list.
- St Andrews Sea Box Society (msdep51); 17th-20th century; handlist available.
- Scots Philosophical Club Minutes (msdep1); 20th century; no list.
- Scottish Society for the History of Medicine (msdep87); 20th century; no list.
- West Fife and Kirkcaldy Burghs Conservative Associations, and Kirkcaldy Unionist Club (ms3693-36694); 20th century; brief handlist available.
- St Andrews Archery Club (ms30483); 1866-1899
- The Renaissance Singers (ms38612); 1960s-present; listed
- St Andrews Music Club (ms38711)
- St Andrews Discussion Club (ms38615)
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, St Andrews Branch (ms38897); 1929-1997
- St Andrews 1920 Club (ms30996-31002); 1920-1969
Most of these are listed in the online catalogue.