Pagan, Osborne and Grace (ms37628-37746; ms38437-38443)
This firm of solicitors was founded in St Andrews over 250 years ago by the Grace family. Within a few years they had offices in Cupar, and were joined by later partners Pagan and Osborne to form Pagan Osborne and Grace by 1890. It continues in business today as Pagan Osborne.
The firm was involved in every aspect of life in St Andrews over 2 centuries and so as well as the records of the business itself such as letter books, the collection contains archives deposited with the lawyers over the years, including minute books of the R&A, Bennochy estate papers, Madras College letter books, the institutional records of William Gibson Hospital in St Andrews, the papers of David Hay Neave and Hay-Paterson Trust, Commissioners of Taxes, and various business records, trusts and legal deeds.
View the archive catalogue entry for the Pagan Osborne and Grace Collection (part listed).