Guardbridge Paper Mill
Guardbridge Paper Company was established in 1873 on the site of a former whisky distillery beside the Eden river. The village of Guardbridge developed around the mill, and was the main employer in the area. Production was at its peak in the 1950s but after various mergers and buy-outs, the mill came under the ownership of Curtis Fine Papers, and went into receivership in 2008. The vacated site was bought by the University in 2010.
Records include business ledgers, cash books, samples, minute books, plans, deeds, stock records, share registers. These are currently stored off-site and advance notice will be required for retrieval.
Related records include the British Thomson-Houston Company papers (ms38789).