Library Marketplace Regulations
Who can book and what for?
Event ticket sales
How to make a booking
Conditions of booking
WHO CAN BOOK AND WHAT FOR?
Student societies/charities/groups with a direct affiliation to the University or students working on projects for coursework can make bookings for the three ‘marketplace’ stall spaces outside the Main Library which are available for fundraising purposes on a daily basis from 09.00-17.00 Monday-Friday (two spaces for event ticket sales and one bake sale).
Spaces are not available for:
- canvassing on behalf of groups or charities
- information, publicity or promotional stands
- give-aways / free samples (exceptions are made for University services eg, Student Services, Nightline)
Booking requests are made through the Library Office on a first-come, first-served basis and must be made in advance - at least one week - as spaces can get booked up very quickly, especially for bake sales. There is no charge for bookings.
The gravel area (opposite the building and down to North Street) is not available for use at any time, with the only exception being the Students' Association elections.
EVENT TICKET SALES
- Maximum of two groups per day
- Maximum of two days per week per group
- University event tickets only to be sold in these spaces
HOW TO MAKE A BOOKING
To make a booking, email the Library Office with the following information:
- Name of affiliated group/charity
- What the booking is for - either baked goods or event ticket sales (for ticket sales please provide details of the event)
- Date requested
- Contact details of organiser
The Library Office will respond during office hours (Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00) to confirm the bookings or, if the date requested is already booked up, alternative dates will be offered.
CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
- A food sales permission form will be issued which must be completed by the person in charge of the sale and returned before any bookings are final. No bookings will be confirmed without the completed form.
- Student groups should co-ordinate bookings within their membership to ensure the Library does not receive multiple bookings for the same group.
- Library Attendants are notified daily of all bookings and any group who set up a stall without a booking will be asked to register with the Library, if space is available that day, or in the event that the marketplace is fully booked, they will be asked to leave and advised to make a booking with the Library Office for the next available date.
- For Health & Safety reasons, doorways and walkways must always be kept clear to allow Library users to enter and leave the building without impediment, and tables should therefore be set up at the side of the Library (near the windows) to ensure the walkway is not blocked.
- no other items other than baked goods or event tickets can be sold outside the Library
- the Library is unable to provide furniture, equipment, electricity cables, power, etc. Groups should bring their own tables/chairs with them on the day, if required
- the Library does not have facilities to store furniture or goods on behalf of stall-holders
- banners/posters cannot be displayed on Library walls/windows
Should groups fail to follow these regulations, including the listing of ingredients and allergens for any baked goods on sale, the Library reserves the right to refuse any further bookings requests from them.