Library and disabled users
We can offer additional support and services for you.
Getting books and material
Where possible, we can adapt our services in order to make accessing them easier. Some options include:
- Delivering Library items to your Halls of Residence by special arrangement.
- Posting out material to you (where possible and only to addresses in the United Kingdom. There may be a charge of £6.55 to cover postage costs).
- Organising for a friend or nominated person to borrow items for you.
- By arrangement, fetch books or other material for you and leave them ready for collection on the Hold shelf on the entrance level of the Main Library.
- Material held in the Library can be made available in alternative formats, Student Services can offer this service for you.
- Extended borrowing is available, this is arranged through Student Services.
- Our Main Library, St Marys College Library West Room and the JF Allen Library have wheelchair access. There is limited access to Martyrs Kirk Research Library (the Thomson Reading Room in the Kirk is only open to postgraduates and staff). Unfortunately the King James Library does not have wheelchair access.
- In the Main Library and JF Allen a lift is available, you need your ID card as they are swipe access - to organise this, contact Student Services.
- In the Main Library, our Service Desk is fitted with an induction loop.
- An assitive technology room is located in the Main Library. Contact Student Services if you'd like to use this.
- Individual Orientation tours are available by arrangement.
- Accessible toilets are available on all floors in the Main Library.
- A height-adjustable desk is available in the Main Library.
- Visit our spaces webpage to find our more abour our buildngs and facilities.