Book a group study room in the Library
Book a room in the Main University Library, if you need space to study together, discuss group projects or collaborations.
- There are 4 bookable rooms in total.
- All on Level 2 (entrance level of the Main Library).
- There are 3 rooms availble with 6 study spaces and 1 with 8 spaces.
- Rooms cannot be used for individual study, each room should be used by a minimum of 2 people, and can only be booked by students.
- Bookings can be made up to 1 week in advance through the booking website or, for immediate use, by using the keypads at the doors to each room - see below.
Please remember to scan your card when you arrive at the room. If you forget to do this, after 10mins the booking will be lost from the system and the room will appear free. Someone else could then book while you are using it.
Go to the room booking system, select the date you would like to book a room and then enter your Library card number (barcode on the back of your ID card).
The system will then email you with a confirmation of your booking and a PIN number.
You need both your student card and this PIN number to access the room you have booked. Scan your card at the box outside the room and then enter the PIN on the keypad.
You can book a room for a maximum of 2 hours per week and 8 bookings per month.
If you no longer require a booking, please use the 'Cancel an Existing Booking' link (shown above) on the online system.
If a room is free you can simply scan your card at the door to make a booking (but only for immediate use).
Please read the Group study room bookings terms (PDF, 365 KB) for full conditions of use.
If you have any questions about your bookings, please email: email@example.com