The Library's collection of music scores is held on Level 3 of the Main Library. We have a very large number of older scores, particularly pre-1950 and even pre 1900. Recent musical material has been added to more selectively, but there have been a number of initiatives over the last couple of years to expand our range.
For all well-known composers, we should have all the critical editions as well as practical editions.
- Scores (including miniature scores) are at classmark M
- Literature about Music is at classmark ML
- Musical instruction and study is at classmark MT
To find a specific score:
- Check first of all in SAULCAT, the online catalogue.
Composer's name and / or keywords from the title of the work will help retrieve details of the score, if it is held.
However, if a search in SAULCAT does not prove successful:
- Look also in the Music Scores catalogue:
This is in separate volumes at the end of the A-Z sequence of PAGE-CAT volumes, on Level 2 of the Library. This catalogue is arranged alphabetically by composer.