Library mission statement
The University of St Andrews Library aims to provide a library service which matches the status of the University as one of the UK’s top universities, with an international reputation for excellence. The Library staff take enormous pride in their work, and place particular emphasis on:
- The provision of a professional, friendly welcoming user service which delivers a high level of user satisfaction;
- Academic engagement and research support services based upon a strong understanding of learning, teaching and research processes and priorities across all faculties and schools;
- High quality collections development and management, from purchase to display and storage;
- Delivery of a state-of-the-art information environment adapted to all user needs and modes of access;
- The provision of excellent Special Collections, in keeping with a proud tradition of acquiring, caring for and providing access to unique and rare materials in support of the teaching and research objectives of the University and wider community.