Skip navigation to content

Moving to a new office or department

Moving office

If you are moving office within the same department you will probably take your computer with you.  If this is the case it is unlikely that the computer will require a rebuild, etc.  However you must inform IT Services, and we will visit to reconfigure your computer for connection to the network at its new location. 

Remember to contact the Telephone Office to have your telephone handset and extension number transferred to your new location.  Information detailing pair/socket number of old and new location must be included.  A minimum notice of one business day is required.

Moving department

If you are moving department it is unlikely you will take your computer with you.  You will probably have a 'new' computer provided for you. If so, the procedure is as explained in the section When you first arrive.

If you need to move your telephone to a different socket please contact the Telephone Office by making your request using the on-line form, or by emailing teloff.

The person responsible for IT matters in your school or unit will be able to help you with this.

Quick answers

See if your question is answered in our quick answers.

Contact the IT Service Desk

Log a call using IT Self-Service
(01334 46) 3333
 Message us on Skype for Business
(Mon - Fri, 09:00 - 17:00)

Level 2
University Library
North Street
St Andrews
Fife KY16 9TR

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri
: 08:30-18:00
(front desk support
from 09:00)

Sat: 10:00-17:00
Sun: 11:00-18:00

The IT Service Desk is closed
for staff training on Fridays
between 09:30 and 10:30