Postgraduate taught courses in International Relations
The School offers seven taught postgraduate programmes:
- MLitt in International Security Studies
- MLitt in International Political Theory
- MLitt in Middle East and Central Asian Security Studies
- MLitt in Peace and Conflict Studies
- MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence
- MLitt in Terrorism and Political Violence (distance learning)
- MLitt in Strategic Studies
- MRes in International Relations
All of these programmes involve taught modules over the academic year and a final 15,000-word dissertation. The postgraduate diploma involves only the taught components.
Students commencing MLitt studies from 2018/19 onwards can discuss the possibility of transferring to an MPhil. This will be dependent upon achieving certain requirements relating to MLitt performance, support from the Adviser of Studies and requires permission from the Head of School.
This discussion should take place after results from Semester 1 are made available. Students transferring to an MPhil will take the compulsory (IR5601) Research Methods in International Relations module in first semester of the second year.