Faye Donnelly, Lecturer
Faye Donnelly is a lecturer in the School of International Relations at the University of St Andrews. She is the author of Securitization and the Iraq War: The Rules of Engagement in World Politics (Routledge, 2013). Her most recent article, ‘The Queen’s Speech: Desecuritizing the Past, Present and Future of Anglo-Irish Relations’ has been published in the European Journal of International Relations.
Professor Donnelly's research intersted include the following:
- critical security studies
- emblems and flags
- language games and discourse
- sensory security
- humanitarian intervention
- financial security.
- Donnelly, Faye (2013): ‘Securitization and the Iraq War: The Rules of Engagement in World Politics’: Routledge.
- Donnelly, Faye (2018): ‘Mapping Securitization: Negotiating the Limits of Security’: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Donnelly, Faye (2015): ‘The Queen’s Speech: Desecuritizing the Past, Present and Future of Anglo-Irish Relations, European Journal of International Relations, 21(4): 911-934.
- Donnelly, Faye (2014): ‘Security Matters: The Reconstruction of the “New World Order” in American Foreign Policy’, Journal of GlobalFaultlines 2(1): 17-23.
Book chapters and invited contributions
- Donnelly, Faye (2016): ‘Critical Security as an Alternative Dialogue for Peace: Reconstructing Language Barriers and Talking Points’ in Oliver P Richmond and Sandra Poggoda (Eds.) ‘Dimensions of Peace: Disciplinary and Regional Approaches’: Palgrave MacMillan.
- Donnelly, Faye (2016): ‘Rethinking the Olympic Games as a Competing Space for and Contested Sites of Peace and Conflict’ in Annika Björkdahl and Susanne Buckley-Zistel (Eds.)‘Where Peace and Conflict Take Place: Analysing Peace and Conflict from a Spatial Perspective’: Palgrave MacMillan.
Online articles and blogs
- Donnelly, Faye (2016): ‘Lost for Words: Responding to the Kunduz Bombings’, E-International Relations, 5 August.
- Donnelly, Faye and William Vlcek (2016): ‘Monsters in the Mist: The Elusive Quest for Financial Security in Scotland Post-Brexit’, LSE Blog: Euro crisis in the Press, 25 August.
- Donnelly, Faye (2014): ‘The Historic visit of Irish President Michael D. Higgins to the UK’, Open Democracy, 6 July.
- Constructivism (IR2005)
- Mapping the Emerging and Evolving Boundaries of Security (IR3054)
- Europe, America and the Transatlantic (IR4553)
- Dissertations (IR4099)
- Textual Analysis (IR5601)
- Visualising Security (IR5036)
- Spaces of Securitization (IR5063)
- Dissertations (IR5099)