Frequently Asked Questions about Casual Staff
- What is a Bank Worker?
- How do I find out if the person I want to engage is already a bank worker?
- I do not have access to Qlikview for casual staff, how do I obtain this?
- Where do I find the documentation I need to complete to create a bank worker?
- If they are already a bank worker what documentation do I have to do?
- Does the individual need to complete a P46?
- How long do I make the bank worker contract for?
- How long can I give a contract to an individual when they are not a student?
- What do I do if the individual has a P45?
- What do I do with the hard copy of the contract?
- What do I do if the person is either no longer required, is not suitable or resigns and they have a bank worker contract?
- If I complete a timesheet how does the holiday pay get processed?
- What do I do if I am having technical problems with the casual form?
- I would like to use the spreadsheet option for payment to staff rather than individual timesheets - who do I contact?
- How often can I send in spreadsheets or timesheets?
A bank worker is someone you wish to employ on an adhoc basis or undefined working hours and the period you require them is more than 12 continuous weeks.
You can access Qlikview for casual staff at Business Intelligence
This will tell you in alphabetical order if the individual is already a bank worker, together with the start and end date of their bank worker contract.
Please email Qlikview who will action it as soon as possible.
This can be found at Employing Casual Staff
If they are already in the system as a bank worker and the period you wish them to work for you is covered by the dates in Qlikview, all you are required to do is ask them to complete a time sheet with the appropriate hours and hourly rate each month and the appropriate cost centre and authorised. You then scan the time sheet and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
No, the P46 form information is now incorporated in the casual contract form
If they are a student at the University you make the end date of the contract the date on their matriculation card.
You can give them a contract for 2 years if you know you will be using them in the future.
You must send the P45 to Salaries, however you cannot scan this document - you must send the hard copy.
Once the contract has been signed by the authorised signatory and the individual, and has been scanned you hand it back to the individual for their records.
You will be required to inform Salaries of the end date and provide a forwarding address.
You would be required to calculate the holiday pay and enter on timesheet.
Contact HR Data.
Contact Salaries on ext 2569 or email email@example.com .
Once a week or once a month adhering to cut off dates that can be found at Salaries and Pensions .