Engaging Casual and Bank Workers
If you are looking to engage a casual or bank worker, please download and complete the Casual/Bank Contract Form (PDF, 492 KB)
Process for raising a casual contract
1. Referring to the Casual/Bank Workers Contract Process Flowchart (PDF, 9 KB), decide which kind of worker you wish to engage:
- Bank worker
- Casual worker
As a quick guide, the respective features can be seen at Casual/Bank Features (PDF, 265 KB) .
2. Check the QlikView Casual Directory, to ascertain if the individual already has a contract with the University covering the engagement dates. If they do, the School/Unit need only provide the individual with a Bank Worker Assignment Letter (Word, 200 KB). The individual only needs to complete a timesheet for hours worked. There is no need to raise a Casual/Bank Contract.
3. If the individual does not have a current Casual/Bank contract covering the period, the School/Unit should complete Casual/Bank Contract Form (PDF, 492 KB).
4. Complete the bank worker engagement letter and terms and conditions OR the Casual Contract Terms and Conditions as applicable, and send to the worker.
5. Once the worker has received the email with the form completed by the School/Unit, the individual completes their details on the form and returns to the School/Unit for authorisation with all relevant documents if necessary.
6. The School/Unit sends a scanned copy to Salaries (email: email@example.com) for action (Contract and Right to Work Check). The individual can then retain the original contract.
Additional Guidance on completing the Bank/Casual Worker Form is available as follows:
Right to Work Checks
All casual/bank contracts must be submitted with a valid right to work check. Information on completing Right to Work check can be found in the University Right to Work (PDF, 537 KB) guidance. Additional guidance is available via the Right to Work Flowchart (PDF, 210 KB).
QlikView Casual Staff Directory
To access Casual Staff data across the University, and confirm which School/Unit raised the current contract together with their employment dates, there is now a Casual Staff Directory available in QlikView.
Please refer to the Casual/Bank Contract QlikView instructions (PDF, 225 KB) for notes on accessing the Directory.
If you require access to the Casual Staff Directory, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When completing the casual/bank contract, please note the Hourly rates of pay for casual work. If you wish to use a rate which is not published please contact the HERA Team (Higher Education Role Analysis), prior to submitting the casual contract and the work being undertaken.
Please note that we now no longer accept handwritten Casual Contracts and all Contracts will be paid on the submission of timesheets.
Please submit by the cut off each month for hours worked prior to this date. Please ensure that the correct cost centre is on the timesheet, as this will ensure payment at the end of the month.