LGBT Stonewall Staff Workplace Equality Staff Survey
- A brief external 5 minute survey open to All Staff from September to November annually.
- As part of the University’s equality initiative we seek anonymous staff feedback to help ensure that our workplace is fair to staff in relation to their Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation.
- Information on completing the survey is published within the all staff newsletter, In the Loop.
Stonewall Scotland 'Diversity Champions' Award Programme
On 19 June 2015 the University became the 77th UK and 4th Scottish university to gain the Stonewall Diversity Champions award after providing evidence of LGBT inclusion and outlining tasks to undertake from July 2015 to June 2016 then annually:
- HR to organise the undertaking of an in-depth Stonewall 'Workplace Equality Index' to be submitted to Stonewall Scotland annually.
- Conduct a University-wide LGBT survey for all staff resulting in a compliant action plan developed for the University by Stonewall Scotland for an institutional working group to progress.
- Hold a LGBTIQ+ focus group.
- Review LGBT impacting policies for staff, students, visitors and service users.
On 20 May 2015 approval was provided by the University 'Remuneration & Human Resources Committee' (reports to the University Court) to commence the accreditation process.
Stonewall Scotland 'Good Practice' Programme
The University have been involved in the 'Stonewall Scotland's Good Practice Programme' developing best LGBT practice: Members
The following list of Stonewall guides, resources, tools and methods are available:
- LGBT Parenting
- Coming Out
- LGBT Health
- LGB Careers Guide
- Why Complete Monitoring Forms - Stonewall (PDF, 408 KB)
- Stonewall Guide for Gay Visitors to Britain (PDF, 2,084 KB)
- Stonewall Scotland role models 2016 (PDF, 4,050 KB)
The University participated in a Research Consultation (Jan 2013) which involved engagement with Stonewall on our Single Equality Outcomes Scheme.
|Anti-homophobic bullying policy and mandatory training||Equality & Diversity Inclusion Policy|
|Explicit welfare support and info for LGB students||Student Services provides support advice to all students.|
|Society for LGB students||http://www.saintslgbt.co.uk|
|Events for LGB students||http://www.saintslgbt.co.uk|
|Consultation with LGB students||
Students are encouraged by the University Students' Association Sabbatical Team to feedback via http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/hr/edi/eia/engagement
|Specific career advice for LGB students||
Staff providing advice at the University Career's Centre are mindful of the different experiences of the LGBT community and the Careers Centre highlight the "Stonewall Gay Friendly Employers".
|LGB Staff Network||LGBT Society is open to staff and coffee events ae held.|
|Stonewall Diversity Champion||Joined the award on 19 June 2015.|
Engagement with the wider community
Hosting and participating in the Fife LGBT Network, plus working in partnership with LGBT Youth Scotland's on their LGBT Charter Mark. The Stonewall Scotland Online Survey open to LGBT Scots' was promoted for University staff or student participation.