External Media News on Gender Identity
ILGA-Europe’s annual benchmarking tool, which ranks 49 countries in Europe on their LGBTI equality laws and policies, reveals not only a standstill but a visible backslide on laws and policies safeguarding equality and human rights of LGBTI people: https://www.ilga-europe.org/rainboweurope/2019
The UK just elected a record number of LGBTQ people to Parliament (article in The Pink News).
- ILGA-Europe-Rainbow-Map-May-2017 (PDF, 296 KB)
- ILGA-Europe-Rainbow-Equality-Index-2017 (PDF, 347 KB)
LGBT people need straight allies to lend a helping hand (article in The Guardian).
- LGBT Scotland History Timeline (PDF, 2,083 KB)
- Can you be LGBT+ in the workplace? YouTube podcast interview with Dr Chris Hooley (UoSA).
‘Dear Sirs’ goes gender neutral (article in The Guardian).
- ILGA-Europe-Rainbow-Equality-Index-2016 (PDF, 6,173 KB)
- ILGA-Europe-Rainbow-Equality-Map-2016 (PDF, 1,223 KB)
Gender-neutral bathrooms to be introduced in University of St Andrews buildings (article in The Saint).
Scotland rated best in Europe for LGBTI legal equality (reported by the Equality Network)
Scotland tops gay equality league (article in The Guardian)
Scotland tops gay equality league (article in the BBC)
Scotland rated best country in Europe for LGBTI legal equality (article in STV)
Scotland rated best country in Europe for LGBTI legal equality (article in The Herald)
Scotland rated best country in Europe for LGBTI legal equality (article in Pink News)
Are universities doing enough to support transgender students? (article in The Guardian)