Staff Parents and Carers Network
To support all categories of University staff, we launched our Staff Parents and Carers Network on 28 March 2019.
The purpose of the informal in-person and virtual Network, supported by the University, is to support the working lives of staff who have these off-campus responsibilities by:
- Providing a confidential forum to share knowledge and experiences through networking
- Raising awareness of the needs of working parents and carers through events and initiatives
- Providing an informal point of information and points of contact
Any staff members who are expectant parents or have parenting responsibilities, be it as birth parents, through adoption or fostering or as step parents, or are caring for a dependent whether they are ill, elderly or disabled family members, friends or partners, or any combination of the above are welcome to join the network and attend network events.
The Staff Parent and Carers Network established a MS Teams group on 19 March 2020 to offer a virtual space in which staff with parenting and caring responsibilities can provide a support network to each other and share advice.
Network meetings have been on a temporary hiatus and will restart in the 2022-2023 academic year.
To join the confidential mailing list, please email the central University EDI Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate if you wish to be added to the Teams group.
Further resources and information for parents and carers can be found on the following Equality, Diversity and Inclusion pages:
- Carers (including information on local childcare providers)
- Pregnancy, maternity and paternity
- Fathers Network Scotland
- Staff Relocation Information