KNOWLES, ROBERT [SSNE 8430]
- KNOWLES, KNOLLIS, KNOLLES
- First name
- CAPTAIN, SIR
- Social status
Sir Robert Knowles was an English officer in the Thirty Years' War. He served as a captain under Horace Vere in the Palatinate in 1622 and later as captain under the Earl of Essex in the Anglo-Dutch Brigade in 1624.
TNA SP81/27, f. 252, List of Troops under Vere in Lower Palatinate, [Undated].
TNA SP81/29, f. 349, List of English captains late in the Palatinate, [Undated] .
TNA SP63/267, f. 18, List of Captains to have the command of the companies to be now levied for the Army, Feb. 1625.
NL-HaNA, Staten-Generaal, 1.01.02, inv.nr. 8048, Staten van Oorlog, 1625.
This entry created by Mr Jack Abernethy.
- PALATINATE, STUART KINGDOMS, ANGLO-DUTCH BRIGADE, VERE'S
- Arrived 1622-01-01, as CAPTAIN
- Departed 1623-12-31, as CAPTAIN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY