WEST, HENRY [SSNE 8207]
- WEST, WIST
- First name
- CAPTAIN, 4TH BARON DE LA WARR
- Social status
- OFFICER, NOBILITY
Sir Henry West, 4th Baron De La Warr was an English noble and captain in the Anglo-Dutch Brigade. He was the son of Thomas West, 3rd Baron De La Warr, the governor-for-life and captain-general of the Virginia colony and namesake of the colony and now American state of Delaware. Sir Henry served as captain in 1625 and is noted in the states of war as "Sir Henry West, Baron de la Warre ende Cantaloupe."
Nationaal Archief, Den Haag, Staten Generaal, nummer toegang 1.01.02, inventarisnummer 8048, Staten van Oorlog, 1625.
This entry created by Mr Jack Abernethy.
- THE DUTCH REPUBLIC, ANGLO-DUTCH BRIGADE, OXFORD
- Arrived 1625-01-01, as CAPTAIN
- Departed 1625-12-31, as CAPTAIN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY