YOUNG, KLAS [SSNE 3816]
Klas Young was the son of the Scot of the same name [SSNE 3815]. He started service as a page in the court of Karl XI in 1672. He later served as a lieutenant in Vastgotadal regiment in 1676 and a lieutenant in Sodermanland's regiment in 1678. He took part in the fighting in the Skanian Wars between Denmark and Sweden in the 1670s around Lund, Malmo and elsewhere. B 1679 he had been promoted to regimental and held the rank of captain by 1688. Young took part in the Pomeranian campaign in 1699, and thereafter served in Poland in 1702. The following year Young was promoted to Major. He achievied some fame in his command near Petrowin and thus became lieutenant-colonel in the Kronoberg regiment as a result. Young was ennobled in 1705 and later fought at Poltava. He died in 1710 a prisoner near Moscow.
Swedish Krigsarkiv, Muster Roll, 1677/7,12; 1678/9; 1679/4,17; 1680/3; 1684/1,6,10; 1686/4; 1687/4; 1688/3; 1689/2; 1690/1,3; 1691/3; 1694/1; 1695/11; 1696/6; 1699/6,7; B. Schlegel and C. A. Klingspor, Den med skoldebref forlanade men ej a Riddarhuset introducerad Svenska Adelns Ättar-taflor (Stockholm, 1875) p.339.
- SWEDEN, VASTGOTA DAL REGIMENT
- Arrived 1677-01-01, as LIEUTENANT
- Departed 1677-12-31, as LIEUTENANT
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, SODERMANLAND, KRONOBERG
- Arrived 1678-01-01, as LIEUTENANT
- Departed 1710-12-31, as LIEUTENANT-COLONEL
- Capacity OFFICER, PRISONER, purpose MILITARY