CROW, HENRY [SSNE 3310]
- CROW, KROW
- First name
- ENGLISH or SCOT
- Social status
Text sourceHenry Crow served as a soldier in Russia in the 1630s. He later appeared there as an envoy of Charles II on 9 March 1649.
L. Bittner and L. Gross, Reportorium der diplomatischen vertreter aller lander, vol. 1, 1648-1715 (Oldenburg and Berlin, 1936), p.196; G. P. Herd, 'General Patrick Gordon of Auchluchries - A Scot in Seventeenth Century Russian Service', Ph.D. thesis, Aberdeen, 1994.
- RUSSIA, ALEXANDER LESLIE
- Arrived 1632-05-25, as CAPTAIN
- Departed 1634-12-31, as CAPTAIN
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- STUART KINGDOMS, MOSCOW, RUSSIA
- Arrived 1649-03-09
- Capacity ENVOY, purpose DIPLOMACY