LUNDIE, JAKOB [SSNE 2993]
- LUNDIE, LUNDIJ, LUNDY
- First name
- JAKOB, JACOB, JAMES
- LIEUTENANT COLONEL AND COMMANDANT
- Social status
James Lundie was in Swedish service from at least 1647 onwards. He was commandant in Bremervörde by 1648. He then served as lieutenant colonel and chief of an infantry squadron in 1655. Lundie was court-martialled on the surrender of Bremervörde, but he was cleared of all charges on 10 January 1657. Lundie married Anna Wlizabeth Eicken. Their son James Henry [SSNE 2998] was also a soldier. His widow Anna petitioned for outstanding wages owed to her late husband in 1661.
Sources: Swedish Riksarkiv, P. Sondén, Militärachefer i svenska arméen och deras skrivelser; Swedish Riksarkiv, Carl Gustaf's Arkiv i Stegeborgssamlingen, Jacob Lundij, April 1651, Bremervörde; Riksarkivet, Skoklostersamlingen, II. Carl Gustaf Warngels arkiv (RA/720795.010). E.8415. 9x Letters, 1646-1650 (inc 1646 from Crems & Stralsund, 1647 from Stade and 1650 from Bremervörde); Swedish Krigsarkiv, Muster Roll, 1647/21 & 1648/24.
- SWEDEN, AXEL LILLIE'S, BREMERVÖRDE
- Arrived 1647-01-01, as LIEUTENANT?
- Departed 1648-12-31, as LIEUTENANT COLONEL
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, BREMERWORDE, BREMERVÖRDE
- Arrived 1648-01-01, as COMMANDANT, Lieutenant Colonel
- Departed 1657-12-31, as COMMANDANT
- Capacity OFFICER AND COMMANDANT, purpose MILITARY