BURT, HENRY [SSNE 2001]
Text sourceHenry Burt was in Swedish service and became chief and lieutenant colonel of a Finnish troop. In January 1624 he was the colonel of the Tavastehus infantry regiment. Chancellor Axel Oxenstierna noted him in June 1636 when he and his regiment of recruited infantry from Finland were some of the few forces being allowed out of Sweden. Queen Kristina had at the time decided to keep all infantry and the navy at home, although Oxenstierna greatly disapproved. Then little is known of Burt until he appeared as the commandant at Greifswald in the 1640s. He died in 1643.
Swedish Riksarkiv, P. Sondén, Militärachefer I svenska arméen och deras skrivelser; Rikskansleren Axel Oxenstiernas Skrifter och brevvexling, (Stockholm, 1956), first series, vol.15, p.533.
- SWEDEN, TAVASTEHUS INFANTRY REGIMENT, FINLAND
- Arrived 1623-01-01, as LIEUTENANT COLONEL
- Departed 1640-12-31, as COLONEL
- Capacity OFFICER, purpose MILITARY
- SWEDEN, GREIFSWALD, POMERANIA (Pommern)
- Arrived 1640-01-01, as COMMANDANT
- Departed 1643-12-31, as COMMANDANT
- Capacity OFFICER, COMMANDANT, purpose MILITARY