The School of History, University of St Andrews, welcomes applications to act as a host institution for the 'Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship' competition. These fellowships are intended to enable early career researchers - who have a research record but have not yet held a full-time permanent academic post - to undertake a significant piece of publishable work.
Further details, including eligibility criteria, are available on the Leverhulme website.
1. School of History Selection Process
Eligible applicants must first identify and contact a potential mentor within the School of History. Applications submitted without a mentor having been specified will not be considered.
Having secured the agreement of a mentor within the School, applicants need to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. A completed application form
2. A CV (maximum four pages)
3. The names, email addresses and current institutions of THREE REFEREES. No more than one referee should be from the proposed host institution and no more than one should be from the institution where you obtained your doctorate. The Head of School from your proposed host institution may not act as a referee.
The internal deadline for submission of applications to the School of History is 4 pm on January 10, 2019.
All applications will be considered in line with the Leverhulme ECF guidelines.
2. Institutional (University of St Andrews) Selection Process
Applications selected by the School will be forwarded to the internal University of St Andrews' selection process. Successful applicants for institutional support will be notified by late January 2019.
Please note: Applicants should not apply to Leverhulme, citing the University of St Andrews as the supporting institution, unless they have been given formal notification that they have been selected as an institutional candidate.
3. Leverhulme Trust Application Process
Successful applicants for institutional support from the School of History / University of St Andrews will need to complete the on-line Leverhulme application by 4 pm, 28 February 2019 (see Leverhulme website)
Note that the Leverhulme requires a declaration of institutional support from both the Head of the host department and from an Administrative Officer on behalf of the host institution. Applicants should allow at least one week for this institutional approval process.
Applicants will be informed by the Leverhulme Trust of the result of their applications by email at the end of May 2019.