The Department of Film Studies enjoys a strong and supportive student-staff culture, and consistently receives the highest possible ratings of satisfaction amongst students in course evaluations and in student satisfaction polls. You will be taught by academics who are at the cutting edge of their discipline, ensuring the opportunity to engage with the best and latest ideas and material to research and evaluate.
Single honours in Film Studies (MA Hons)
Joint honours in Film Studies (MA Hons) with a number of joint subject options
Strengths of the course
- High standards of teaching and student work;
- Courses cover an extensive assortment of periods, authors, and genres; students are exposed to a wide range of cinematic texts over four years;
- Students develop excellent communicative, analytical and other transferable skills;
- Teaching by academics at the cutting edge of the discipline. Students receive the best and latest ideas and material to research and evaluate;
- Attractive social, cultural and intellectually stimulating environment;
- Teaching in small groups which assures close attention and individual help;
- Excellent specialist library resources, including one of the best collections of international cinema on DVD, holding over 9,300 AV Materials and including some extremely rare films and holdings;
- Specially-fitted teaching facilities, including a screening/seminar room with 3D projection.